Logo FRANKFURT.de

St. Catherine’s Church

The baroque St. Catherine’s Church (St. Katharinenkirche) is located in the middle of the city centre, near the Main Guardhouse. Over the years, it has undergone various interior and exterior renovations, and was destroyed in 1944. The citizens of Frankfurt rebuilt their largest Protestant church in 1954.

Year of construction: 1678-81
Architect: City Master Builder M. Heßler

  • Gothic Revival single-vessel hall church with dominating side tower and baroque ornamental gateways
  • wooden arches in the interior and partly Gothic, outside baroque gravestones
Address

St. Katharinenkirche
Evangelische Sankt Katharinen-Gemeinde
An der Hauptwache 1
60313 Frankfurt am Main